Sunday February 18th, 2018 Finance your home makeover or repairs via  
Go Back Home Page

  - 203K Guide 101

Apply for a 203k home repair loan

 How do I qualify my contractor?

Home > Faq > How do I qualify my contractor?

How do I qualify my contractor?

  • Submit the following documents to Sun West for review:
    • - Contractor Profile/Resume including: credentials, licensing information, work experience, type of work performed, and client references(as per ML 00-25).
    • - Copy of the Contractor License: must not expire prior to completion date of the project.
    • - Liability Insurance: must not expire prior to the completion date of the project with coverage relative to the complexity of the project. Typical coverage is $1,000,000.
    • - Signed 'Information for Contractor' form or equivalent to show the contractors' validation of the information regarding the 203k program.
    • - Assets: must cover the material cost of repairs performed by the particular contractor.
        As a reminder, only the Limited 203(k) loan will be allowed an initial draw for
        documented materials of up to 50% of the total rehabilitation cost.

203(k) Rehab Guide Quick Jump

203(k) Rehab Loan FAQs


Sun West Mortgage Company holds over 30 years of lending experience with a reputation of providing excellent customer service.

At Sun West, the complete loan cycle is processed in-house. From origination to underwriting and servicing, Sun West ensures you receive a simpler, faster, more direct borrowing experience with no back and forth intricacies. To see if you are pre-qualified or to obtain more information, call (866) 740 3677.

Become a Sun West Authorized Contractor | Visit SWMC website | Apply Other Loan Programs via